Do your students need more practice with subtraction? Some of my students have trouble transitioning from addition to subtraction. And dice games don’t work as smoothly since they need reminders to “start with the bigger number.” These spinners are designed to support students with the sequence. Students are also held accountable with the recording sheets included.
You will get 14 spinner pages. Skills covered include:
1. Subtract numbers to 10
2. Subtract single digit numbers from 20
3. Subtract bigger single digit numbers from 20
4. Subtract 2 digit numbers to 20 without regrouping
5. Subtract 2 digit numbers without regrouping
6. Subtract 2 digit numbers with regrouping
7. Subtract coins from a quarter with numerals support (tails)
8. Subtract coins from a dollar with numerals support (tails)
9. Subtract coins from a quarter with numerals support (heads)
10. Subtract coins from a dollar with numerals support (heads)
11. Subtract coins from a quarter (tails)
12. Subtract coins from a dollar (tails)
13. Subtract coins from a quarter (heads)
14. Subtract coins from a dollar (heads)
Print on colorful card stock for durability.
The recording sheets are especially designed for year round, differentiated practice. Each sheet has a work space for built in manipulative use:
Double tens frames to count discs
Place value chart to count tens and ones
Number lines to count coin values
This way students learn the workflow but can practice new skills as they develop over the course of a year.
There are also 4 of each of the above recording sheets designed to be changed out 4 times per year:
As a result, students’ interest will be piqued every few months, regardless of their skill level. Recording sheets can be used as worksheets or saved in a sheet protector or laminated for repeated use.
***Are you looking for more math resources? Check out these popular products
★ Number Lines BUNDLE
★ Addition and Subtraction Fact Families Activity
★ Balanced Equation Dominoes
★ Missing Number Subtraction Task Cards Number to 20 Missing Subtrahends
★ Coin Counting Write the Room