This is the most complete guide you will ever own that answers each and every one of the questions you have ever had about teaching subtraction from grades K - 6. I mean, EVERY SINGLE THING YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT TEACHING SUBTRACTION FROM Kindergarten through 6th GRADE.
How can this possibly be? Because it's over 75 pages long!
This massively documented booklet includes EVERYTHING, including:
• Why you should model subtraction beyond "SOAR"
* What are the essential properties of subtraction your students should know.
• Neurologic evidence why subtraction makes your brain hurt.
• Plain talk about how to get your students to stop counting back on their fingers.
• Games and puzzles to help your students master different subtraction strategies.
• Those practice worksheets you are using? They're terrible. Here's how to make them better....
• Those "Mad Minutes" you're using for assessment? They're not telling you anything; here's how to get useful information from your assessment without spending a dime.
• Why you MUST stop use of the word "borrowing!"
• How is it possible to subtract 3 dogs from 8 cats?
• An easy hack that will rid you of the need to "regroup over zeroes."
• Scaffolding and remediation techniques.
• Games & Puzzles
• Clipart of diverse characters inspired by my endless rides on the NYC subway system!
• Hunter S. Thompson reference.
This is a treasure trove of information that you need to up your game to become the greatest teacher of subtraction who ever lived. Your students will come to understand subtraction with greater depth than you ever thought. Whether you are teacher looking to improve your practice or a TpT seller looking for ideas, this is an essential guide to truly understanding what subtraction is all about.
"It's a fantastic piece of work; every teacher, parent and concerned educator should own it." ~ SamizdatMath's mother
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback. It helps me to make resources that meet your needs.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, free resources and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about my new products.