Learn to Subtract with Bar Models (subtract within 20)
Understand subtraction concept using bar models; learn to understand, interpret and draw bar models. It is important to learn to interpret and draw bar model as it sets the foundation for solving word problems.
Students learn to
- Subtract when whole and one part are given.
Interpret bar model into subtraction math sentences. Many variation of basic models are presented to reinforce child's understanding of the concept. Learn to subtract up to three numbers within 20.
- Determine unknown whole number in a subtraction equation.
For example ___ - 5 = 12. Bar model is used to help child visualizes the concept
- Interpret “more than” or “less than” problems with bar model
Interpret comparison problems into bar models then learn to draw models to find answers.
This set of worksheets include:
- Introduction to two categories of bar models with examples of how bar model is applied for different type of problems.
- Exercises for students to practice.
Level : 1st Grade, Good practice or revision for 2nd Grader.
Based on Singapore Math curriculum.
Printable worksheets with answers.
You may want to check out similar product:
Addition using Bar Models
Stay in touch and Follow me on: