Subtracting with Regrouping: A Comprehensive Set of 1st and 2nd Grade Common Core Learning Games and Critical Thinking Activities
This PDF download includes:
• 25 different active learning games specifically designed to support the learning of all the Common Core Standards related to Subtracting with regrouping in 1st and 2nd grade.
• Comprehensive mathematical thinking development
• A detailed listing of all the 1st and 2nd grade Common Core standards targeted by the Games.
• Instructions, variations to scaffold and differentiate instruction
• All the Instructional cards for teaching and practicing translating between pictorial, standard notation, and other equivalent representations.
• Instructions on learning activities, assessments, sponge activities, and learning centers based on the games, cards, and the standards
• Rules constructed on schema of known games
• Intelligently considerate of children’s learning preferences.
Created by the winner of the National Mathematics Leadership Award, this resource is a carefully designed collection of instructional games and much more. It is grounded on the best research for helping students learn how to subtract when regrouping or trading is involved and it is aligned with the common core standards for 1st and 2nd grade.
Concepts and Skills: Place value, translating across representations of number, subtracting with regrouping, comparing and ordering numbers, solving word problems, setting up and solving simple equations involving subtraction.