Students will have fun while learning to subtract within 5 equations and word problems with this hands-on Kindergarten math center. Twenty equations/word problems from 5-5 to 1-1 are included. This center has multiple versions to allow you to differentiate with your students and use as little (or as much!) ink as your resources allow.
There are frogs with numerals and frogs without numerals. Frogs with numerals may be helpful for students who need additional support with this center. Students who do not need additional support can use the frogs with no numerals. Additionally, teachers may decide to have students write the numerals on the frogs themselves.
This center also includes problems in both equation and word form. Students who have already mastered subtracting within 5 in equation form may find the word form questions more challenging. With the word problems answer sheet students will write in the equations and the answers.
Color and Sizing:
There are both color and black & white versions of every page. Also, the log mats are available in 2 different sizes depending on how you want to use it with your students. There is a page with one large log and a page with 6 logs per page. This gives teachers the option to print out one large mat to laminate and put in a math center or smaller logs to hand out to students.
You will receive:
- Instructions for using this resource.
- 1 large log mat color version
- 1 large log mat B&W version
- 1 large log mat color version with numerals
- 1 large log mat B&W version with numerals
- 1 small logs page (6 on page) color version
- 1 small logs page (6 on page) B&W version
- 1 small logs page (6 on page) color version with numerals
- 1 small logs page (6 on page) B&W version with numerals
- 4 pages with 20 word problem tiles (total) for large log mat
- 1 page with 40 word problem tiles (20 problems x 2) for small log pages
- Recording page for equations
- Answer sheet for equations
- Recording sheet for word problems
Four Easy Steps to Earning TPT Credits for Future Purchases:
1. Go to your "My Purchases" page (you may need to login).
2. Look for the "Provide Feedback" button next to each purchase.
3. Click the link and give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
4. Earn TPT credit towards future purchases in exchange for your feedback.