Also included in
- Get ready for a year of Writing units with this bundle of Writing success criteria! Here you'll find sets of success criteria for 9 genres of writing, each with differentiated options and multiple formats. Check out what's in the bundle here: Success Criteria for Recount Writing [editable]Success CrPrice $15.00Original Price $22.60Save $7.60
Studying famous figures or incredible people in the community? Get your students writing biographies full of facts and anecdotes! Want to get to know your students that much better? Get them to craft autobiographies all about themselves!
This pack includes:
- Child-speak success criteria for biography and autobiography writing
- Differentiated sets of success criteria with three levels of challenge
- Display posters with WALTs and success criteria
- Mini success criteria for students to stick into books
- Editable text fields so you can customise to suit your learners
When you purchase this resource, you will gain access to a Google Drive folder with:
- A 26-page Google Slides presentation with editable success criteria (+ pdf version)
- A 2-page Google Doc with full list of differentiated success criteria (+ pdf version)
This resource can be used to assist with planning as it outlines text features of biography and autobiography writing to be covered in lessons and provides progression options for learners of different abilities. It does not provide additional materials e.g. explanatory slides, exemplars or lesson plans. Students would benefit from whole class/small group modelling of how to use success criteria before attempting to use the success criteria independently.
There are 3 levels of differentiation for some resources. The easiest level is suitable for Year 2 students (age 6), the mid level is suitable for Year 3-4 (aged 7-8), and the high level is suitable for Year 5-6 (ages 8-10+).
Ready to start teaching biography writing? Here's a helpful planning template for your students to record their information on:
Looking for other writing resources? Check out these sets: