Also included in
- Get ready for a year of Writing units with this bundle of Writing success criteria! Here you'll find sets of success criteria for 9 genres of writing, each with differentiated options and multiple formats. Check out what's in the bundle here: Success Criteria for Recount Writing [editable]Success CrPrice $15.00Original Price $22.60Save $7.60
Simply overloading a sentence with adjectives doesn't make it a quality piece of descriptive writing, right? Help your students to craft amazing descriptions in your next Writing lesson with these child-speak success criteria!
This pack includes:
- Child-speak success criteria for setting, character and object descriptions
- Differentiated sets of success criteria with three levels of challenge
- Display posters with WALT and success criteria
- Mini success criteria for students to stick into books
- Editable text fields so you can customise to suit your learners
- Link to a Google Doc with full editable success criteria
When you purchase this resource, you will gain access to a Google Drive folder with:
- A 40-page Google Slides presentation with editable success criteria (+ pdf version)
- A 3-page Google Doc with full list of differentiated success criteria (+ pdf version)
This resource can be used to assist with planning as it outlines text features of descriptive writing to be covered in lessons and provides progression options for learners of different abilities. It does not provide additional materials e.g. explanatory slides, exemplars or lesson plans for descriptive writing. Students would benefit from whole class/small group modelling of how to use success criteria before attempting to use the success criteria independently.
There are 3 levels of differentiation for some resources. The easiest level is suitable for Year 1/2 students (aged 5-6), the mid level is suitable for Year 2/3 (aged 6-7), and the high level is suitable for Year 4/5/6 (ages 8-10).
Looking for other writing resources? Check out these sets:
Happy writing! :)