Also included in
- Get ready for a year of Writing units with this bundle of Writing success criteria! Here you'll find sets of success criteria for 9 genres of writing, each with differentiated options and multiple formats. Check out what's in the bundle here: Success Criteria for Recount Writing [editable]Success CrPrice $15.00Original Price $22.60Save $7.60
A must-have for teaching Recount Writing! Make learning easy with child-speak success criteria for personal experience, factual and imaginative recount writing. Save time on your planning with these ready-to-go success criteria. Watch your students take ownership of their learning as they use success criteria checklists to self-monitor and assess their own writing.
This resource contains:
- Child-speak success criteria for personal experience, factual and imaginative recounts
- Differentiated sets of success criteria with 3 levels of challenge
- Display posters with WALT and success criteria
- Mini success criteria for students to stick into books
- Editable text fields so you can customise to suit your learners
- Google Doc with full editable success criteria
When you purchase this resource, you will have access to a Google Drive folder with:
- A 41-page Google Slides presentation with editable success criteria (+ pdf version)
- A 3-page Google Doc with full list of differentiated success criteria (+ pdf version)
This resource can be used to assist with planning as it outlines text features of recount writing to be covered in lessons and provides progression options for learners of different abilities. It does not provide additional materials e.g. explanatory slides, exemplars or lesson plans for recount writing. Students would benefit from whole class/small group modelling of how to use success criteria before attempting to use the success criteria independently.
There are 3 levels of differentiation. The easiest level is suitable for Year 1/2 students (aged 5-6), the mid level is suitable for Year 2/3 (aged 6-7), and the challenge level is suitable for Year 3/4/5 (ages 7-9+).
If you liked this resource, check out these other writing success criteria resources:
Need some ideas for supporting your lower-ability learners? Have a read of our blog article Scaffolding Writing for Struggling Students!