This fun, fast paced card game will help your students practice suffixes. Great to use in a center or a small RTI group. This game focuses on the suffixes -able, -er, -en, and -ness.
1. Print off each set of cards on card stock. If you would like a pattern for the back of the cards, print 6 of the following page and print each set of cards on the opposite side.
2. Cut apart the suffix word family sets and shuffle them into one deck of cards.
3. Deal each player 7 cards and place one of the remaining cards word side up in the middle. The rest of the remaining cards can be set aside.
4. Player one places a card with the same suffix word family from his/her hand onto the card in the middle. If that player doesn't have any words that match that family, they say pass.
5. Play continues around the table until none of the players can match the suffix word family currently in play. Then the player who last laid down a card changes the word family to a new one from their hand.
6. The winner is the first player to have laid down all of his/her cards.
Be the first to know about my new sales, freebies and products:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive news about this store.