This packet reviews the rules for adding 's' 'es' or 'ies' to nouns and verbs.
Skills are broken down into 5 easy to understand spelling rules. Each rule is accompanied with 2 pages of practise.
Skills are revisited and practised so students do not forget rule #1 by the time they complete the next one.
* Adding -s to nouns and verbs
* Adding -es to words ending in s, x, z, ch, and sh
* Adding -s or -es to words ending in O
* Adding -ies or -s to words ending in Y
* Adding -ves or -s to words ending with an F sound.
Packet includes small posters of each rule, and practise worksheets.
For other suffix packages check out these links:
-ED + -ING SUFFIX BUNDLE
Tags: spelling | phonics | plural | subject verb agreement | suffix | suffixes | inflected endings | word work | spelling rules |