Suffix Posters / Suffixes Reference Charts for Vocabulary and Writing Activities
Also included in
- Are you looking for no-fluff ELA posters that will boost your students' vocabulary, reading, and writing skills? This classroom poster bundle that covers synonyms, antonyms, prefixes, suffixes, genres, parts of speech, and parts of speech have been used in more than 10,000 classrooms, and plenty ofPrice $15.12Original Price $31.50Save $16.38
These suffix posters will help your students to understand root words and affixes to decode words and increase their vocabulary. You will find the most commonly used suffixes to help your students identify and understand the meaning of new words formed when known suffixes are added to root words. There are 30 suffix picture cards to boost your students’ reading, writing, and speaking skills. These posters can be paired with my other base word and affixes activities, worksheets, digital games, and prefix posters.
These posters are clear and visually appealing, which will naturally invite your students to engage with them. They are quick and easy to prepare, but will serve your students throughout the year. They are great for multiple grades, and you can even use them for ELL and bilingual classrooms to improve your students’ vocabulary and to enhance their writing and speaking skills. These prefix picture cards are great visuals for students to reference, and they will surely brighten up the classroom decor.
Ideas on how you can use these posters:
- Display them on the wall or your bulletin board (print on thick cardstock paper or print and laminate for durability)
- Display the two-page reference chart in the writing center
- Have your students post the charts in their writing journal to use as a reference
- Bind the pages into a book for students to use as a reference
- Create a vocabulary interactive notebook (go to the print setting and print them smaller) - students can study and record each word’s definition and example sentences
- Use as flashcards
- Use them in small groups or in a whole group lesson
- Pair them with my prefix Worksheets, Boom Cards, Hands-On Activities, and Interactive PowerPoint Lesson
Here's what you'll get:
- Suffix reference charts (2 color pages and 2 black and white pages)
- 30 colorful suffix posters
- 30 black and white suffix posters
- Flag banner to hang above the posters (for those of you who want to display them on the wall)
- Reference book cover page (for those of you who want to bind the pages into a book)
Your students will love experiencing the 'ah-ha!' moments when they are able to break down new words correctly and guess their meaning. As they become more familiar with identifying root words and their prefixes and suffixes, their vocabulary will grow exponentially. Your students will gain confidence as their reading, writing, and speaking skills are honed. Print these posters out and try using them in the ways listed above or try a different way and share it with us in the feedback!
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ A Latte Lessons says : "I use these cards as I introduce a new suffix. The pictures and the list of words are very helpful to use as a reference for students AND me! The students also keep their own suffix book. This is a well-organized product."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Rebecca Sizemore says: "Thank you. This year, through our phonics program, I introduced many different suffixes. The students would get confused when trying to remember the different meanings/uses. After I put up your posters, it was amazing! They would use them daily and started to remember the meanings. Thank you so much!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Melissa S. says: "Excellent visuals to hang in the room - especially for my students with Speech/Language impairments. We referred to them daily!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Ariel Brooks says: "Tremendously helpful for my ELL students! The visuals and examples on each page are so useful. Thank you!"
Fun activities to pair with this resource…
You may also like…
Copyright © Tiny Teaching Shack.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.