Also included in
- This bundle includes three sets of fun vocabulary activities for a change of pace and to increase student engagement. They including foldables, games, and more - one set for prefixes, one for suffixes, and one for Latin and Greek roots. There are ten different activities in each set. Here is what$9.00$11.25Save $2.25
This set of fun activities for practicing with suffixes includes foldables, games, and more. There are ten different activities including all of the following:
1. Foldable Cube for Any Suffix
2. Three Flower Foldables (Six suffixes each)
3. Multiple Suffixes Foldable
4. Three Paper Chain Foldables (Eight suffixes each)
1. Words with Suffixes Board Game
2. Word Relay
3. Suffix Bingo
1. Suffix Puzzle Boxes
2. Color Coding Words with Suffixes
3. Two Suffixes Sorts (Parts of Speech, Types of Words)
With the foldable cube, each student can work on a different suffix, making a set of cubes that can be used for a classroom decoration or another activity.
There are three of the flower foldables, and each one is set up with six different suffixes, the paper chain foldables also includes three pages, each one with a different set of suffixes. The Multiple Suffix foldable is for working with words that can take more than one suffix.
The board game includes game cards as well as foldable game markers and dice. Word Relay is a game that requires no copies of special materials, and the bingo game is all about clues for words with suffixes.
The puzzle boxes address noun and adjective suffixes. One of the sorts also addresses parts of speech; both sorts are cut and paste activities. The final activity is a fun design to color following a color code about the meanings of words with suffixes.
This set of engaging activities works well for students at differing skill levels, and the activities can easily be used in a variety of classroom settings including small groups, centers, and whole class practice.
These fun activities support standards for both language and reading.
For more suffix activities including task cards, practice sheets, and a slide presentation, and for the prefixes and roots activity sets, see the Vocabulary Section of my store.
From Classroom in the Middle