This bright, interactive Suffixes PowerPoint has 95 slides and eight supporting worksheets. We focus on 20 suffixes, learn about their meanings, and study examples. The animated slides and sound effects are sure to engage and stimulate your students! We end the PowerPoint with a 24 question quiz.
Interactive buttons allow you to focus on specific suffixes in a non-linear manner. This is user-friendly and perfect for the introduction, testing, or review of suffixes.
Also included are eight suffix printables (notes, activities, puzzles, and a craftivity), perfect for literacy centers.
Prefixes and Suffixes Mega Bundle (PowerPoints, worksheets, crafts, and task cards)
- PowerPoint (95 slides)
- Introduction to affixes and root words
- Introduction to prefixes and suffixes
- In-depth focus on 26 suffixes with examples (clickable menu for easy access)
- Interactive quiz - provide the definition of the given suffix / complete the word by adding the correct suffix (24 slides)
Suffix Printables (8)
- Information sheet
- Two suffix reference sheets (type, meaning, examples)
- Activity sheet (find the path by coloring the words that contain suffixes)
- Activity sheet (complete the words by adding the correct suffix)
- Activity sheet (underline the correct meaning of a word - use its suffix as a clue)
- Create suffix puzzles (two cutting options)
- Interactive suffix puzzle craftivity (perfect for bulletin boards)
Please remember to open the PPT in slide show mode for the animation and sound to work. Please unzip the bundle to access the files.
Check this out:
Suffixes Task Cards - What's the meaning of the word?
Click here for Prefixes PPT & Printables set
Created by Lindy du Plessis 2016.