Looking for an engaging lesson that meets the needs of your struggling learners? This mini bundle includes two lessons at a discounted price.
♦ Summarize This!
uses Step Up to Writing instructional strategies to teach how to summarize. Students watch and summarize engaging short videos. This enables all students, even struggling readers, to learn the content without barriers. The lesson includes the student worksheet and a reference sheet of verbs and transition words.
♦ Summarize That!
is a review lesson that uses three new Pixar videos to review summarization skills, as well as the skills of character traits, inferences, and author's purpose. Also a great sub day lesson! The review lesson also includes writing prompts based on the 3 included videos!
The scaffolding included in these lessons help students with special needs, English Language Learners, and disengaged learners have all successfully meet the learning targets.
****Updated 10/26/14 to provide active video links. Please download the file again if your links are inactive!
You might also be interested in:
• How to Write a Strong Paragraph Word Sort
• Writing Process Posters for Teens
• See all of my Video Lessons here!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.