This is a great resource to keep in your reading skills arsenal. It contains all you need to help your students learn, practice, and internalize this difficult skill.
In this activity pack, you will get
- task cards with short summarizing passages
- differentiated recording sheets for scaffolding
- an answer key for the task cards
- summarizing skill posters
- SWBST (Somebody Wanted But So Then) strategy posters
- student cards for summarizing with chapters from novels and fictional passages
- tips for introducing and teaching the skill
- examples of how I teach the skill.
The posters come in color as well as black and white, to save ink.
The passages on the task cards are written for fifth-eighth graders so students in that age group can easily identify with the characters and events. They are also written to easily follow the SWBST pattern so students can ease into practicing the summarizing skill.
Please look at the preview to see a little of what you get!