PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Finding the main idea and summarizing can be fun and easy! Kids read five informative passages that explore commonly-held beliefs. (For example: Is chocolate really good for you?) They find the main idea, written as a thesis statement, in the first and or last paragraph. Then they locate supporting details, or evidence, in the middle paragraphs. With these main points, students are able to write a concise summary.
• Note to teacher
• Hamburger organizer
• Lesson plans
• “A Chocolate a Day Keeps the Doctor Away” text, hamburger organizers, and summary organizer
• “Eat, Drink, and Be Healthy” text and summary organizer
• “The Men on the Moon” text and summary organizer
• “This Sounds a Little Fishy” text and summary organizer
• “Bigfoot” text and summary organizer
• Generic summary organizer
Take a peek at the entire resource by clicking on Preview.
Would you like to know when I post more resources? Simply follow me on TpT.