Engage your students in determining the main idea and key details of a nonfiction text using high-interest passages and Common Core aligned multiple-choice questions! Students will practice the skill of finding the main idea and key details of a text, as well as putting the main idea and key details together to write a summary of the text. With 16 multiple-choice questions designed to mimic the question types that they will see on STATE TESTS and 3 versions of a summarizing graphic organizer, your students will have a fresh understanding of how to summarize nonfiction texts.
- 8 multi-paragraph reading passages
"The Purpose of Teeth"
"The Wampanoag Tribe"
"Angel of the Battlefield"
"Life as a Child in Ancient Rome"
"An Accidental Invention"
"Why do we Dream?"
"How Paper is Made"
- 3 version of a "Summarizing Nonfiction" graphic organizer
- Common Core aligned multiple-choice questions for each passage (with questions addressing main idea and key details)
- A short-answer question for each passage asking students to combine the main idea and key details to write a summary of the text
- Answer key for multiple-choice questions
This product is a part of my SUMMARIZING BUNDLE!
Click below to check out my other resources!
Comparing Firsthand and Secondhand Accounts
Summarizing Fiction: 8 High-Interest Passages with Multiple-Choice Questions!
ELEMENTS OF POETRY, DRAMA, AND PROSE
Comparing and Contrasting Elements of Poetry, Drama, and Prose
Context Clues BUNDLE
Context Clues in Longer Passages (Multiple-Choice Format)
Context Clues Task Cards
Context Clues Matching Activity
Context Clues Sorting Activity
PAIRED PASSAGES WITH WRITING PROMPT
Paired Passages with Writing Prompt: Topic - Characteristics of Harriet Tubman