Do your students need test prep practice in choosing the best summary? Here are 4 fiction and 6 nonfiction short passages for student practice. Each passage is one half page of text on the left and one half page of summary choices on the right. There is enough space underneath each summary choice for student notes, if you wish. Great for guided instruction, as independent practice, or as test prep!
Readability is in the 3rd-5th grade range. Please check the preview to help you determine whether or not they would be suitable for your students. Most 3rd graders can do these with teacher guidance and support. You can purchase with confidence, as I have 32 years of experience in preparing upper elementary students for standardized reading testing!
Here is what you get with this resource:
• A Dog and His Reflection short fiction passage (1 page)
• The Ants and the Grasshopper short fiction passage (1 page)
• Jack and the Beanstalk short fiction passage (1 page)
• Little Red Riding Hood short fiction passage (1 page)
• Cave Catastrophe short nonfiction passage (1 page)
• Frozen Fortune short nonfiction passage (1 page)
• Impressive Printing short nonfiction passage (1 page)
• Loch Shock short nonfiction passage (1 page)
• Ruby Bridges short nonfiction passage (1 page)
• The Unsinkable Happened short nonfiction passage (1 page)
• Fiction Answer Keys (1 page)
• Nonfiction Answer Keys (1 page)
• TOU & Credits (1 page)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE 10 PARAGRAPHS also appear in other sets of short reading passages available in my store, but with 4 different multiple choice questions. This resource does not explain how to teach students to summarize. The focus of this resource is student practice in choosing the best summary out of 4 possible choices.
I’d appreciate your purchase, your rating, and your feedback.
Thank you from The Brighter Rewriter!
► Need more reading passages and comprehension questions? Click here.
► CLICK HERE to follow me for updates about new products, sales info & more!