Also included in
- My power packs are comprised of two complete teaching packs on related skills: reading comprehension, annotating, and summarizing. They are paired to give you the most complete set of materials you will need to teach the skills with easy prep, ready to use, and engaging lessons. In this power pack,$8.80$11.00Save $2.20
- With this bundle of my complete teaching packs for the key reading anchor standards, you'll be set to provide your students with fundamental instruction that will ensure their success with demonstrating college and career level readiness of the anchor standards for reading. Using these skills-readi$59.99$76.50Save $16.51
Summarizing is one of the most important skills for reading comprehension. Use this
no-prep teaching pack for fiction, nonfiction, and even poetry! Whether students are taking the ACT, EOC, analyzing stimuli for state writing tests, reading novels, or examining textual excerpts for class, they must be able to fully understand and summarize the text.
What's great about this method? This particular summarizing strategy provides a formula that students can use quickly and easily to gain quick understanding. It is also a very handy and easy way for assessment to measure learning. Great for chapter summaries, lesson analysis, etc. Plus, it can be used for summarizing any genre.
What makes this product different from other SWBST products? It is the most comprehensive SWBST teaching and reinforcement pack available for upper middle to high school. Take any text you are reading and have students complete the short summary template (somebody, wanted, but, so, then) for main ideas throughout the year once you teach it with this pack. It's all right here for you in one flexible, easy to download, ready to go teaching pack!
- Teaching lecture in editable PowerPoint and Google formats; plenty of examples and explanations in a teach-and-go format
- It comes with two graphic organizers in editable Word for student handouts for any text. Plus a fun, new set of Summarizing Sketch Notes you can make into a booklet for students to use with any text after the lecture. (PDF and Google format)
- Teacher's guide 4 page ebook included.
- There are 6 editable, creative hands-on activities that can be used for reinforcement and reteaching in small or large group, including a no prep flip flap book, other interactive notebook inserts, Twitter templates, games, and more
- Sketch notes for guided note taking during the lecture (PDF format, not editable due to layout and font choices)
- It is not grade or subject specific. Differentiate for any level of student. It's all in your pack!
Learn more before you give it a try: On Instagram
Classroom success stories from teachers who have tried this resource:
♥ “My 10th grade intensive reading students absolutely love this strategy. They got a kick out of the first three words, "someone, wanted, but...." and I went with it because, hey, it's a strategy they will remember. Thank you for making this available! It works for ANY kind of text.”
♥ “This was perfect practice for our keystone exams, plus it helped me in creating additional resources for my students who struggle with reading comprehension. Thank you for a great resource!!”
♥ “I've taught the SWBST strategy for a few years, but these new resources will add more engagement. I've usually focused on fiction, so the informational resources will be especially useful. Thanks”
Each of my ELA skills-readiness lesson packs includes a teacher's guide lesson plan, an easy-to-use PPT lecture explaining the concept, guided practice, opportunity for collaborative and individual practice, and a form of assessment. See my other English standards teaching packs while you’re here, too, and teach the fundamental skills first for success!
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches. Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to FOLLOW ME. Voila! You will now receive email updates about my store.
For more ideas and inspiration: