Hello! I would like to mention that all these strategies are not my own. I have learned these from colleagues, coaches, and personal research. I did not make any of these strategies up, but I use them regularly in my classroom.
When I first started teaching I always struggled with how to best teach reading. I often found myself at a loss for what to do in small groups. Once I found these strategies and saw how much my students enjoyed them and the results that occurred because of them, I finally felt confident about how I approached teaching reading.
Unfortunately for me, I did not know about these strategies until my third year of teaching. I wish I knew about them sooner, especially during my first two years of teaching. So I thought it would be helpful to share what I learned! What is great about these strategies is that they can be taught in whole or small group. However, I mainly used them in small group.
Whether you are new to teaching or a veteran teacher, I hope you find these strategies useful in your classroom.
Included in your purchase:
- Description of the SNOTS Strategy with common Q&A
- 3 SNOTS Posters (could be laminated and pulled out during small group or hung up)
- Description of SWBST Strategy
- 1 SWBST Poster (could be laminated and pulled out during small group or hung up)
- 4 SWBST Worksheets
- Description of 20 Word Summary Tile Strategy
- Tile to print on cardstock
- Summary Slips
- 2 Passages --> Biography: Beatrix Potter & Fiction Story: Oh no, I'm Lost!
- Passages come with comprehension and skill questions Biography (10 questions) Fiction story (11 + 1 extra early finisher question)