Paraphrasing and summarizing are skills that are difficult for many students to understand This activity pack is designed to help teach these research skills to your students and provide them with practice so they can begin to master them. I also included some note taking activities as well.
What is included:
8 posters/anchor charts
• Paraphrasing definition
• Summarizing definition
• How to paraphrase
• How to summarize fiction text (SWBST)
• How to summarize nonfiction or informational text
• Differences between paraphrasing and summarizing
• 2 note taking posters (note taking tips and the difference between Wow! notes and Blah! notes)
3 summarizing worksheets/graphic organizers
Identifying the main idea/important details in a text
2 paraphrasing worksheets
3 note taking worksheets
40 task cards
• 2 paraphrasing task card sets (12 cards in each set)
• 12 task cards ask students to paraphrase 1 sentence
• 12 task cards ask students to paraphrase a short passage
• 2 summarizing task card sets (8 in each set)
• 8 multiple choice task cards (students choose the best summary of the passage)
• 8 task cards that ask students to write a summary of the passage in 12 words or less
• Recording sheets and suggested answer keys are included for each
The task cards are available to purchase individually. You can purchase them here.
© Copyright Staying Cool in the Library. All rights reserved by the author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher prohibited. Additional licenses are available at a discount. For librarians: you may use this product with all of your classes and students.
Questions before buying?
You can contact through the Q/A section on TpT with any questions or special requests. You can also send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please leave feedback on your purchases. If you have a concern, please contact me first before rating. Leaving feedback awards you credits towards future purchases.
How to follow my store
Just click the green star next to my name. You’ll be the first to hear about new products, freebies, and sales!
Follow me on Facebook.
Follow me on Pinterest.