This unit contains a week of activities to teach summary.
Included in this unit:
* Teacher Talk Page- All the instructions you will need for a week of summary reading skill activities
* Skill Shocker- A science experiment (A Balloon is a Big Ball of Fun!) to kick off the reading skill unit with student page
* Literature Link- Summary activity page to go along with Helen Lester’s picture book Tacky the Penguin.
* Group Gathering- Small group summary movie review and DVD cover activity.
* Chapter Book Check-Up- Use the first few chapters of The Whipping Boy by Sid Fleischman to test summary knowledge. Kids will get a sneak peak of the book and hopefully want to read more on their own.
* Technology Tie-In- Students will design their own animated character to speak summarization statements.
Check out my other reading skill units covering:
(more will be added soon)