These 6 summative assessments lessons are intended to help you assess how well students are able to perform in 1st grade math. In particular this lesson aims to help students with difficulties:
• identify their strengths and weaknesses and target areas that need work
• recognize where students are struggling and address problems immediately
This summative assessment lesson involves a range of Standards for Mathematical Practice, with emphasis on:
1. Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
4. Model with mathematics.
7. Look for and make use of structure.
This summative assessment lesson involves a range of activities from across 1st grade, with emphasis on:
• Understand numbers 0- 120
• Represent and interpret data
• Reason with shapes and their attributes
• Measure lengths
• Tell and write time
• Represent and solve problems involving addition and subtraction
• Understand and apply properties of operations and the relationship between addition and subtraction
• Add and subtract within 20
• Work with addition and subtraction equations
• Understand place value
• Use place value understandings and properties of operations to add and subtract
• Understands numbers in base 10
Teachers will read aloud the questions and answer choices. If students do not have adequate writing skills, the teacher may record oral responses for open-ended questions. This assessment may take more than one testing period.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License.