Summer 3-4 Step Story Sequencing with Picture Cards Story Retell and Writing
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Sequencing picture cards, puzzles, and printables for 2-4 step sequences. This all-year bundle has 96 picture sequencing stories with leveled sequencing activities for fun in speech therapy, centers or classroom lessons.You get seasonal and holiday-themed sequencing pictures for spring, summer, wintPrice $17.00Original Price $19.96Save $2.96
It's easy to differentiate with these leveled sequencing activities in speech therapy or your classroom centers! Practice story retell and sequencing with self-checking puzzles, picture cards, and sequencing of events writing worksheets for three-step and four-step picture sequences.
You'll be able to cover multiple speech and language goals including sequencing, describing, narratives, prediction, sentence construction, and writing simple sentences too!
Some students may need support in simply describing the action on a single picture, others are able to sequence and retell multi-step picture stories. The included leveled activities are listed below.
Please note! This product is included in my 4-Seasons Sequencing Bundle. You will not need to purchase it separately if you purchase the bundle!
No Color Ink? No problem. Ink-Saving BW Printing options provided!
➤CONTENTS: 46 Useable Pages, 24 Picture stories, Differentiated Activities for 2-step, 3-step, and 4-step Sequencing
• 12 three-step Picture Sequences provided 3 ways to allow you to differentiate for your students.
➞3-step Puzzles to provide support for the correct sequence - beginning level
➞3-step Square Picture Cards to use with included Sequencing Mats - intermediate level
➞3-step BW Picture Cards for cut and paste writing activities -advanced level
• 12 four-step Picture Sequences provided 3 ways to allow you to differentiate for your students:
➞4-step Puzzles to provide extra support for the correct sequence - beginning level
➞4-step Square Picture Cards to use with included Sequencing Mats - intermediate level
➞4-step BW Picture Cards for cut and paste writing activities - advanced level
• 2-step Sequencing Mat
• Two 3-step Sequencing Mats
• Two 4-step Sequencing Mats
• Story Telling Poster to help scaffold sentence construction and picture description.
• 2 Single Picture Description Printables-Tell the Story and A Whale of a Tale. Glue a picture in the square. Write a sentence to tell the story. Includes scaffolds for picture description and sentence construction
• 2 Sequence, Write and Tell Printables- 3-step and 4-step- Glue the pictures in order, then write a sentence for each picture.
• Answer Keys/ Story Strips- provides the story in sequence for matching- extra support for the very beginning level.
• Lifeguard Rescue
• Making S’mores
• Building a Sandcastle
• Making a PB & J Sandwich
• Going Down a Waterslide
• Jumping on a Trampoline
• Washing the Dog
• Making a Ham Sandwich
• Cut and Eat a Watermelon
• Eating Popcorn
• Mowing the Lawn
• Blowing Bubbles
• Making Hamburgers
• Making an Ice Cream Sundae
• Airplane Ride
• Carnival Game
• Catching a Fish
• Bear Finds Honey
• Catching Butterflies
• Goldfish Bowl
• Making Lemonade
• Stacking Cups
• Ants Raid a Picnic
Beginning Level:- You may need to model describing each picture for beginners by telling the story first. Then your student will re-tell the story.
1. Single Picture Description/ Writing- Have students choose a picture to describe, and glue it to the Whale of a Tale or Tell the Story
page. Use the story-telling poster to talk about how to describe the elements of the picture. Your student will describe the picture. If your student is practicing writing, have them write their sentence.
2. Matching Level with Story Strips- Give your student one of the BW story strips, and the matching story cards. Your student will describe each card as they match the story.
3. Three and 4-Step Sequencing Puzzles- Your student will student sequence, then tell the story as they describe each picture.
4. Two-Step Sequencing Mat – choose 2 picture cards from any 3 or 4-step story that illustrate a clear first-then sequence. Your student will use the Sequencing Mat, put the pictures in order, then tell the story.
1. Three and 4-step Sequencing Cards and Mats – choose any picture card story. Each story is labeled with a title to help students find the pictures that go together. Your student will use the Sequencing Mats, sequence and then tell the story.
1. Three and 4-step Let’s Sequence and Write Printable- Choose a BW Story. Your student will cut out, sequence and glue the story on the page, then write a sentence to describe each picture.
2. Prediction- Give the student the first two or three cards in the sequence. Tell the story, then have students predict what happens last.
What people are saying about this Summer Sequence, Retell & Write pack!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐This is great to use with my students with a sequencing/retell language goal! Great variety and lots of scaffolding provided to help across the spectrum of needs!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐These are great for a variety of goals! I love that there is the option of self-correcting puzzle piece strips, or sequencing each box.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Wow! This is super!! The children were really engaged and enthusiastic to put the pictures in the correct order and we also wrote some sentences for each picture. Thanks.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐This resource was perfect for my students attending ESY who are working on story retell. I love the leveled activities that can be used for mixed groups, or an individual student as they progress in narrative skills.
❤️ Love Sequencing Activities? Check out my other seasonal sequencing packs or save $$ and scoop up the 4-season bundle!:
Fall Picture Story Sequencing Retell and Write
Winter Picture Story Sequencing Retell and Write
Spring Picture Story Sequencing Retell and Write
You may enjoy these summer activities: Just click the green text to see more.
Speech Therapy Oceans of Fun Bundle
Antonym Picnic Opposites and No-Prep Vocabulary Activities
⭐⭐⭐ Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click Here to become a follower. Yay! Now you'll get customized email updates about this store.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Leave a Review button. Click it and you can give a quick rating and a short comment about the product. I read each and every comment and truly value your feedback. It helps me know which products and activities are most helpful for you, so I can create more of what you need and love! ☺