These summer themed decodable readers support the science of reading. They follow an Orton-Gillingham progression to support your Orton-Gillingham lesson plans. Your students will practice their decoding and fluency skills while enjoying fun summer themed stories.
My decodable readers and Orton-Gillingham based resources are written by me, a fully Certified Orton-Gillingham educator, as well as LETRS trained and structured literacy dyslexia specialist.
- 8 decodable readers that follow a specific progression of phonics skills
- low-prep game boards for further decoding practice
- 8 pages of word cards to use with the games
- Both printable PDF and digital versions in Google Slides
Each book practices a culmination of skills, which will increase in complexity with each book. If you work with students in many grades at various stages of reading development, this resource will work well in summer.
- Book 1 CVC (all short vowels)
- Book 2 Initial and Final Consonant Blends, Digraphs
- Book 3 VCe (all long vowels)
- Book 4 Vowel Teams, Y as long e or long i, Suffix -ed
- Book 5 R-Controlled Vowels
- Book 6 Vowel Teams and Diphthongs
- Book 7 Schwa A, C+LE, soft c and g, vowel suffixes
- Book 8 Schwa vowels, multisyllabic words
Need help with assembling the books? GO HERE for a tutorial.
These seasonal sets are also available in this Decodable Readers Bundle
Thank you for supporting me as I provide resources that truly follow the science of reading. If you enjoy this resource, I will be making more for different seasons.
Other Decodable Readers Available:
Please be sure to download the preview before purchasing, and check back for new sets. Thank you!
*Please be sure to check the wide variety of decodable text resources in my store.
*Check out more Orton-Gillingham resources!
*Need more Virtual Learning Activities?
Browse the Distance Learning Category of my store.
--About The Literacy Nest, LLC--
The Literacy Nest, LLC creates multisensory activities to use with reading intervention for struggling readers. Many of these dyslexia resources can be used as dyslexia activities, dyslexia strategies, or to support an Orton-Gillingham program or dyslexia intervention program. These Orton-Gillingham activities can be used in 1:1 support, small group, or even whole class settings. Thank you for checking my store for Orton-Gillingham based resources! Follow my store by clicking the green star next to my name so you don’t miss out on any new products, freebies, or sales!
Please leave feedback on your purchases to obtain credits for future purchases. Don’t hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns before rating products.
Thank you so much for choosing The Literacy Nest, LLC for your classroom and homeschooling needs!