PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Make Summer Themed Writing Activities TONS of FUN with this Roll a Silly Summer Sentence or Story Writing Prompt! Differentiated writing activities are a great way to engage students in the same writing activity, and meet different levels of abilities at the same time! This Roll a Silly Summer Story is a great Summer Themed writing activity to practice sentence building and story building with silly interactive writing prompts. My students loved creating silly sentences with this writing activity at center time. This Summer themed writing activity is for primary grades and special education classrooms, and can be used as a whole group activity, one-to-one, or at a writing center. This writing activity provides students with the option to handwrite or cut and paste pictures for sentence generation.
*This Summer Differentiated Writing Activity is part of my Roll a Silly Story GROWING BUNDLE !!! Roll a Silly Story GROWING BUNDLE
The following differentiated writing activities are included:
5 Writing Prompt Cubes with pictures: (color & black and white)
- Roll a character/subject
- Roll a verb/action
- Roll a setting
- Roll a noun/object
- Roll an adjective/describing word
Writing Prompt Worksheets:
- Silly Summer Sentence - with 2 cubes (character, action)
- Silly Summer Sentence - with 3 cubes (character, action, setting)
- Silly Summer Story - with 5 cubes (character, action, setting, noun, adjective), extra page for writing, and a picture page
- Errorless Cut/Paste Silly Summer Sentence Writing Page
- Brainstorming web (cut and paste or handwrite words)
-"I can write silly sentences" page for 5 written sentences
- Cut and Paste pictures for each cube to use on writing prompts (Color and Black and white)
*Each writing prompt comes in two versions:
(1) with a cut and paste cube words
(2) handwrite the cube words
Directions for the writing activity:
1. Build the cubes - cut out each cube and follow the directions on the cube template.
2. Choose a writing prompt worksheet based on student's ability level.
3. Students will roll the cubes indicated on the writing prompt to create a silly sentence or story.
4. Draw a picture.
I hope your students enjoy this engaging Summer Themed Writing Activity!
Other activities you might be interested in:
Follow my store for more differentiated activities and on instagram @missashleesclass