Summer Games Latitude and Longitude Practice Puzzle Review Activity - Torch
Also included in
- Replace your boring latitude and longitude worksheets with this fun and engaging summer games and sports themed practice puzzle bundle that your students will love! The summer games are coming to Paris in 2024 and you'll want to be ready. Perfect for middle school geography and social studies, studePrice $6.00Original Price $8.00Save $2.00
- The winter games are coming to Beijing, China in 2022! This winter games activities bundle includes everything you need to get your students engaged in this global event. Eleven fun and interactive activities are included, and the graphic organizers come in both digital and print formats. Get them aPrice $19.99Original Price $39.00Save $19.01
Replace your boring latitude and longitude worksheets with this fun and engaging summer games Torch themed practice puzzle that your students will love! The summer games are coming to Paris in 2024 and you'll want to be ready. Perfect for middle school geography and social studies, students will practice their latitude and longitude skills by plotting the given coordinates one at a time until an image forms. Tell the students what image they’re creating or let them be surprised for an extra element of fun! Don’t be surprised if students ask for more puzzles because this will quickly become one of their favorite map skills activities.
This Torch themed puzzle includes 27 coordinates for students to plot as they practice their latitude and longitude skills.
This Product is a PDF and Includes for Each Puzzle:
- Blank grid template
- List of latitude and longitude coordinates
- Practice puzzle answer key
How It Works:
This no prep latitude and longitude activity is print and go! Give each student a blank grid template and a list of coordinates. The coordinates can be printed two per page in order to save paper. Students will plot each coordinate one at a time, leaving a dot at each point to mark the location. I find it helps to plot the first few points together as a class to make sure everyone knows what they’re doing. Connect the dots as you go and watch as a picture begins to form. This activity can be completed independently and makes a fun self-checking assessment since students will be able to quickly identify any errors.
Ways You Can Use Latitude and Longitude Practice Puzzles:
- Independent practice or review
- Centers or Stations
- Fun partner activity
- Creative, hands-on assessment that’s much more fun than worksheets
- Add it to your early finishers bin for those students who are always looking for something to do
- Perfect for substitutes since it can be completed independently
- Color the finished puzzle as a brain break
- Use the finished puzzles to display creative student work on bulletin boards or hallway displays
- Laminate or put the puzzle in a clear dry erase pocket so it can be used over and over (Get that good karma!)
- Add an additional element of fun by making the activity a competition where students race against one another to see who can finish the puzzle first
Something you may not know...
I consider all of my bundles to be growing. That means when I create new puzzles that fit with the theme, I'll add them to this bundle and slightly increase the price. But anyone who already owns the bundle will receive any new updates for free!
*Please note that because of trademark law, the words Olympics or Olympic Games are not included and have been replaced with the word Summer Games.
You May Also Be Interested In:
✨ Best-Selling Latitude and Longitude Practice Bundle
✨ Latitude and Longitude Battleship Game
✨ National Park Research Activity
✨ Latitude and Longitude Digital Mystery Pictures
Get the best deal and save some cash by purchasing a bundle or check out all 120+ of the latitude and longitude puzzles available in my store!
Psst, are you still here? I knew it! Well as a reward for making it this far down in the listing, you should check out this totally FREE Batman themed latitude and longitude puzzle. Shh, don't tell the others...
Click here to follow me and be the first to hear about new products, sales, and special promotions. For additional resources, be sure to check out my store!
Dr. Loftin's Learning Emporium