Just in time for back to school! Summer Iconic Rhythms includes a back to school activity for students to share a little bit about their summer.
We love iconic notation as a pre-literacy tool in our classrooms. Using iconic notation helps introduce rhythms so students are comfortable with them before reading standard notation. The following resource uses a drum beat as a sound track, has narration to guide students reading the spring-themed iconic rhythms, and instruments playing the rhythms as well.
Included in this resource is:
1. Two projectable videos with soundtracks: first video with four icons/rhythms, second video with four icons/rhythms, with one beginning on an upbeat.
2. A pdf with slides of the presentations to print or project (if you can't use the videos) and separate .wav files of the soundtracks in case you are unable to use the video
3. A printable cut and paste activity with the rhythm icons so students can compose their own iconic rhythm. Use the sheet as is or have students color the icons (great for a sub plan!)
4. A special back to school activity for the start of the school year.
5. Suggestions for extensions for the activities.
We always appreciate your feedback after purchase and you'll earn credits toward future purchase!
If you like this resource, you might also like: