PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Use this FREE summer job card set as an engaging group activity, warm-up, or writing prompts for CTE, life skills, work readiness, SPED, or homeroom students. Questions help students consider employment application process, types, benefits, challenges, and realities of summer jobs. Includes 40 thought-provoking questions plus blank templates for student- or teacher-generated questions. Option: For durability, laminate cards or mount them on colorful construction paper.
Your feedback on this free resource is greatly appreciated!
When considering summer jobs...
1. ...what employment positions most interest you and why?
2. ...what do you hope to accomplish, learn, or gain by working?
3. ...how will you identify and research potential employers and positions?
4. ...why is it important to start looking for employment before summer starts?
5. ...what types of companies do you think hire seasonal workers and why?
6. ...what are several potential advantages and disadvantages of working with friends?
7. ...how will you balance working with your other summer activities and commitments?
8. ...what is your back-up plan if you are unsuccessful in obtaining employment?
Single user license - resource is intended to be printed and used by one teacher only. Materials may NOT be redistributed or posted on the Internet (including personal, school, or class websites).
©2018 Career and Employment Prep. All rights reserved.