Also included in
- Use this YEAR LONG BUNDLE of PRINT & GO math enrichment activities to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with advanced math problem solving fun ALL YEAR LONG. A Year of Math Challenges & Brain Teasers includes every math challenge and brain teaser pack in the store and is$89.00$119.50Save $30.50
- Use these PRINT & GO math problems to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with engaging holiday themed math problem solving! The Monthly Math Challenge & Brain Teaser Bundle includes a set of math challenges & brain teasers for every month of the school year. With this$49.00$65.00Save $16.00
Send these PRINT & GO summer math activities home in distance learning packets to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with math problem solving FUN during the months of June, July, or August. These summer math challenges & brainteasers have engaging seasonal themes students love, and are a perfect way to extend and enrich your advanced second and third grade mathematicians' learning!
The Summer Math Challenge and Brainteaser Pack includes 25 NO PREP math printables with answer keys you can use for second and third grade summer challenge packets, summer school work, summer tutoring fun, math enrichment contracts, math groups, homework, fast finishers, math centers, number talks, or whole class problem solving.
Summer themes include: sun, swimming, the beach, Father's Day, 4th of July, ice cream, water park, 10K race, and barbecues
Recommended as a challenge for 2nd and 3rd grade students.
Included in this pack:
10 Math Challenges
- Beach Reading (Addition to 100, guess and check, logical thinking)
- Swimming Pool (Perimeter, area, guess and check, logical thinking)
- Totally Tubular (Elapsed time, multiplication, division)
- Double Scoop Cones (Combinations, organizing data)
- Seashells by the Seashore (Doubling and tripling numbers, organizing data)
- Tasty Treats (Multiplication with 1 and 2-digit numbers, multiples of ten)
- Are We There Yet? (Elapsed time, Multiplication)
- Bucket Builders (Capacity, converting cups and quarts to gallons)
- Summer Barbecue (Doubling numbers, guess and check, logical thinking)
- BolderBoulder 10K (Adding and subtracting with hours, minutes, and seconds)
All math challenges come with a lined page for written responses focused on strategies students used to solve the problem
- Frozen Flavors (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Castles in the Sand (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Road Trip (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Sunrise, Sunset #1 (Elapsed time, determining hours of daylight, more difficult)
- Sunrise, Sunset #2 (Elapsed time, determining sunrise/sunset times, hours of daylight, most difficult)
- Ice Cream Truck #1 (Money, adding coins and bills to $5.00, easier)
- Ice Cream Truck #2 (Money, adding coins and bills to $5.00, more difficult)
- Sunny Sentences #1 (Addition and subtraction to 20, balancing equations)
- Sunny Sentences #2 (Addition and subtraction to 100, balancing equations)
- SWIM Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- JUNE Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- JULY Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- CASTLE Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- FATHER Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- 4TH OF JULY Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, most difficult)
- Student resource page with common conversions and extra info students might need to help solve these problems. Perfect to use for homework or centers.
- Answer keys for every problem
Check out the preview to see all challenges, brainteasers, and answer keys.
Have a fab day Super Teacher,
Sign up for the Super Teacher e-mail list and be the first to know about exclusive freebies, new products, and get super teacher tips and tricks for your teacher toolbox delivered right to your inbox!
If you like this product you might also like
Here are a few ideas for how you might use these challenges and brainteasers in your own classroom:
*Use these as extension activities for math contracts. Make a pack of challenge problems for advanced students to use as a fast finisher or during certain in-class math lessons when they’ve already mastered the material. You can read more about this strategy and receive a free editable math contract at my blog HERE.
*Create summer math challenge packs for your highest mathematicians to work on over the break.
*Use the problems as summer tutoring work for students who need practice with multi-step problems or explaining their mathematical thinking.
*Use a challenge or brainteaser as a homework option for students who need a challenge, or let them replace a simple homework assignment with the challenge to show parents how well you’re differentiating.
*Use a math challenge or brainteaser as a “number talk” problem to start out your daily math class. Work through it as a class or let students work in partners or small groups to talk through it and solve it together.
*Give a challenge or brainteaser to a small group of students as one of their independent math workshop rotations or use them with your advanced small math group rotation.
*Use the problems as an independent practice activity during a unit on problem solving strategies (guess and check, work backwards, etc.) or attacking a multi-step problem.
*Keep a stack of challenge problems in your classroom fast finisher area for any student who wants a challenge.
*Choose one or two challenge problems for the month and reward any student who can solve both. You can put these on a bulletin board or have them available as additional incentives.
*Use the themed challenges as a choice activity during an end of year class party or to keep your sanity during those last weeks of school with print and go (academic!) activities.
Become a follower and be the first to know about new Super Teacher freebies and product launches. It's Easy!
Click HERE to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates from TpT when I upload new products to my store. I typically give a 20% discount on all new products for the first 48 hours, so please follow and get in on the discounted fun. Nothing’s better than saving some moolah!
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases. It's FREE!
Go to your “My Purchases” page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a blinking “Provide Feedback” option. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I love reading your comments and value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you!