Summer Narrative Writing Activity and Prompt
Also included in
- Do you want to spice up your writing prompts with fun activities? This resource includes 25 units of writing covering informative, narrative, opinion and how to writing. Students will love the seasonal prompts, fun themes and exciting projects inside.This writing bundle is common core aligned and pPrice $70.00Original Price $81.00Save $11.00
- Get your narrative writing unit rolling with these eight fun prompts and activities. Students will go through the writing process to create a common core aligned imaginative narrative or personal narrative piece. Each activity is designed to be taught in one week or can be condensed into less days.Price $20.00Original Price $24.00Save $4.00
Students will LOVE this narrative writing craft. The sun-sastional summer narrative is a perfect way for students to transition back to school by writing at school after summer break. Students will brainstorm, draft, plan, edit and publish a writing piece about 4 different events that occurred this summer break. Afterwards, students will complete a simple craft to add a pop of color and fun to their writing. This fun writing project that can be taught across one week or shortened to be taught in just a day or two.
This Project Includes:
- Easy To-Do Craft & Publishing Pages
- Writing Prompt
- Brainstorm/Planning Page
- 3 Differentiated Options for Drafting
- Student Friendly Editing Checklist
- 2 Common Core Aligned Rubrics
- 5 Day Teaching Guide
- Photo Examples
This project was specifically designed for second grade, but can easily be modified for other grade levels using the differentiated pages.
Interested in other narrative writing projects? Check these out below!
- Beekle Imaginary Friend Narrative Writing Project
- Rockin’ Roadtrip Narrative Writing Project
- Sun-Sational Summer Narrative Writing Project
- My Pet Dragon Imaginative Narrative
- My Day With a Leprechaun Imaginative Narrative
- Tooth Fairy Imaginative Narrative & Craft
- My Night on the Polar Express Narrative Writing & Craft
- The Great Turkey Escape Imaginative Narrative
Or get the year long writing bundle to review all genres here: 25 Year Long Writing Projects.
Please ask any questions before purchasing this resource. Don’t forget to leave feedback below for credits toward future purchases. To see what is happening in my classroom and my new resources in action, follow me on Instagram @the.mountain.teacher .