Summer No Prep Literacy Pack for Second Grade has printables for the entire season! This unit is geared towards 2nd graders, but can also be used for talented first graders or third graders who may be struggling a bit. This product is meant to be a time saver. Just print! It can be used for homework, morning work, or even fun assessments! This unit covers summer, camping, vacations, Fourth of July and more! Get this along with my Second Grade Summer No Prep Math Unit
Looking for Year Long No Prep?! This product is included in my Year Long Second Grade No Prep Printables
which has no prep printables for the ENTIRE year!
Included in this unit is:
• Marshmallow Multiple Meaning: fill in the blanks of sentences using a multiple meaning word.
• Camping Contractions: read the words on the sleeping bags, make a contraction and use the word in a sentence.
• Camping Compounds: find the compound words in the word search.
• S’More Sentences: combine two sentences into one.
• Sandcastle Suffixes: read the definitions and solve the crossword puzzle.
• Swimming Synonyms: read the sentences and write the word the means the same as the underlined word. Rewrite sentences using a synonym for the underlined word.
• Picnic Proofreading: rewrite the sentences with corrections.
• Popsicle Parts of Speech: color popsicles according to the part of speech.
• Flip Flop Fragments: color the flip flips according to if the sentence is a fragment or not, then rewrite 3 sentences as complete sentences.
• Beach Blends: find each of the words with blends -rk, dr-, tr-, and -ck in the word search.
• Watermelon Words: use a paperclip and pencil to spin, then locate the information for each word in a dictionary.
• Swimming Syllables: read each of the words in the pool and write the words under what number of syllables it has.
• Summer Settings: read the short passages then answer the questions about the setting.
• Pool Time Punctuation: read each sentence then rewrite using correct punctuation.
• Hot Dog Homophones: read each sentence and use the correct homophone to fill in the blank.
• Palm Tree Plurals: read each sentence then rewrite the word in the sentence by adding -s, -es, or -ies.
• Ocean Opinion and Facts: read each sentence and color if it is an opinion or fact.
• Vacation Verbs: read each sentence and circle which form of the verb fits the sentence.
• Dream Vacation: writing page about a dream vacation.
• Sunny Salutations: read the postcard and circle any misspelled words. Then rewrite the postcard.
• Patriotic Prefixes: write the word according to the definition to solve the riddle.
• Fourth of July Facts: read the passage about Fourth of July and answer the questions.
• America Adjectives and Adverbs: color the fireworks according to if it is an adverb or adjective.
• Firework Fragments: color the fireworks according to if the sentence is fragment or not, then rewrite three fragments as complete sentences.
• Stars and Stripes Sentences: Read each sentence then rewrite with corrections.
If you have any questions or comments please leave me feedback or contact me via the contact form on my blog Caffeinated and Creative
Thank you for stopping by and shopping with me! I hope this product will be a great addition for your classroom. I would appreciate your feedback on this product! Leaving feedback not only helps me as a seller, but as a buyer YOU get credits towards future purchases when feedback is given!