Summer Olympics 2016:
New activities have been added on August 21, 2016 after the Olympics!
This complete no-prep unit contains all that you need to teach your students about the 2016 Summer Games!
This unit contains:
• Fact cards about the First Modern Day Games
• Facts cards about the 2016 Games
• Pocket for Fact Cards (perfect for interactive notebooks)
• Games Then and Now Sort – Comparison Activity
• Where is Rio de Janeiro? – Map Activity
• Modern Day Games Timeline Activity
• Ancient Games Reading Comprehension Activity
• Olympic Events Fact Cards for 24 Events
- Football (Soccer)
- Table Tennis
• Pocket for Events Cards (interactive notebooks)
• Event Match Up – 3 different activities
• Track Events Foldable Activity (interactive notebooks)
• Field Events Foldable Activity (interactive notebooks)
- Shot Put
- Hammer Throw
- High Jump
- Long Jump
- Pole Vault
- Triple Jump
• Track and Field Event Sort
• Track and Field Event Match Up
• 2012 Medal Count Chart Activity
• Pictures of Foldable Activities (Interactive Notebooks and Lapbooks)
• Answer Key
Please note: I have used the term "Summer Games" since the phrase Olympic Games is trademarked.
Reading activities about Michael Phelps and Simone Biles have been added as well as a total medal count activity!
You can find the presentation that accompanies this unit at:
Summer Games 2016 Presentation
Or, buy the BUNDLE and SAVE!
Summer Games 2016 BUNDLE
Check out this unit on Olympic Heroes!
I hope that you and your students will enjoy this unit!