A great value pack of 6 black and white NO PREP differentiated puzzles with picture clues - great for a summer project or end of year activities. Fun for EFL/ESL. Includes word search, crossword, missing letters puzzle, mini acrostics, codebreaker and word paths. All puzzles are provided in two versions to allow differentiation in the classroom plus a vocabulary handout for reference. Answer keys are included. Easy to use – just print and go. Handy for fast finishers or substitute lessons.
The words included in the puzzles are: ball, pool, burger, strawberry, sandcastle, swimsuit, flower, butterfly, camping, beach, lemonade, sunglasses, ice cream, watermelon, hot dog, hat, sun, bee, t-shirt and shorts. Each puzzle uses a selection of these words.
1. Picture word search – the easier version has both word and picture clues, the other just the pictures.
2. Picture crossword – crossword with picture clues. One version has the first letter of each word already written in the grid for an extra hint.
3. Missing letters puzzle – version one has missing vowels, the other has alternate letters missing. The student matches the answers to the correct picture.
4. Codebreaker – the easier version gives a full key to the letters, whilst the harder one gives only some of the letters and the student must use this information and the pictures to work out the remaining letters. The completed words are matched to the pictures.
5. Word paths – students draw a path through the letter grid to spell the summer words. Version one has arrows to indicate the start and end of each word.
6. Mini acrostics with hidden words – two acrostics with picture clues. Students fill in the words across the page to reveal two hidden words written down the page. The easier version has the first letter of each word already written in.
7. Vocabulary handout
Please look at the thumbnails before purchasing to ensure that this resource meets your needs.
If you like this, you might also be interested in Summer Bingo
. It uses the 20 words in the puzzles, plus another 5 extra words. I also have a range of puzzles
on other topics.
I would love to hear about your experience with Summer Puzzles in the classroom so please fill in the feedback form on your ‘My Purchases’ page – and earn points towards your next purchase too!
More fun puzzles, games and clip art will be uploaded soon to Leebling. To be notified of new resources, please click here to follow