Please download the preview to preview the ENTIRE Summer Reader's Notebook
This Summer Reader's Notebook will ensure that your students are busy reading all summer!
The notebook focuses on reading comprehension strategies and includes material for readers in going into second grade - fifth grade. My goal when I created this resource was to make it easy for you to differentiate the reader's notebook based on the unique abilities of the students in your classroom.
The Summer Reader's Notebook Includes the following:
- 1 summer reading promise (boy and girl version)
- 23 summer reading lists organized by guided reading level (levels D-Z)
- A list of websites where students can go to watch, read, and listen to books
- A Book log
- 2 types of genre checklists
- 1 set of lower elementary task cards and 1 set of upper elementary task cards for 10 reading comprehension strategies (retell/summarize, make connections, make inferences, make predictions, visualize, author's message/purpose, determine importance, ask questions, understand text structure, synthesize). Each comprehension strategy includes 6 task cards for a total of 60 task cards for lower elementary, and 60 for upper elementary readers
-60 summer themed reader's notebook entry pages
-10 Bonus Summer Reading Activities
Bonus Activity #1: Favorite Character Cards
Bonus Activity #2: Nonfiction Know How
Bonus Activity #3: Book Review - Extra, Extra, Read All About It
Bonus Activity #4: Dear Friend - Letter to a Favorite Character
Bonus Activity #5: Get Clued In (Infer and Predict)
Bonus Activity #6: Genre Match Up
Bonus Activity #7: Fishing for New Words
Bonus Activity #8: Story Map
Bonus Activity #9: Features of Nonfiction Text Word Search
Bonus Activity #10: Fact or Opinion?
I hope that this summer reader's notebook will more than meet your needs! I look forward to your feedback.
Thanks for taking the time to check out my products. And don't forget to follow me for updates and to find out when new products are added to my store, here at Teachers pay Teachers!