Thanks for checking out my Summer Reading Activities pack. Summer reading is extremely important to keep students' fluency and comprehension skills up during breaks from classroom instruction. These activities are meant to be used with any 3-5th grade novel/chapter book that may be assigned for reading or chosen by the student.
* Reading Bingo – focuses on reading different genres (2 different versions, plus a blank one)
* Library Scavenger Hunt
* Book Destination Maps – focuses on setting &
* Alphaboxes – focuses on character& events
* Chalk Talk – focuses on main events
* Story Change Up! – focuses on story elements
* Character Postcards
* Different reading logs
* Summer Writing Prompt Calendar
* Summer Writing Stationary
* Book marks
These are great for school or district summer reading lists. Forms are created in black and white to make copying and distribution easy. It is up to the teacher/school to decide if reading logs and/or activities need to be turned in when school begins again.
These activities are meant to be used in a single classroom. For extra licenses, please direct colleagues to my TpT store or purchase multiple licenses at a discounted rate. Check out my TpT store for more great classroom activities, products and lesson plans.
Other products that you may enjoy from my store:
1. End of the year activity pack
2. Vocabulary Tic-Tac-Toe
3. Reading Response Menu and Reading Log
4. Character Question Tags
5. Writing Prompt Task Cards
Happy teaching, and happy summer reading!
- Martha "The Owl Spot"