Are you a middle school librarian or English teacher looking to send home a ? This summer reading challenge is available as a 23-page PDF and on Google Slides. Everything is created for you, and all text is editable.
: Grades 4-7 (rising Grades 5-8)
- ability to print PDF packets OR assign it through Google Classroom
- optional: prizes (I suggest several low-cost or free prizes in the packet)
- Benefits of Summer Reading (1 page, great for parents and students)
- Recommended Reads for Grades 5-8 (1 page per grade, 4 pages total)
- Summer Reading Journal/Challenge Instructions (1 page)
- Summer Reading Planner (1 page)
- "My TBR" List (2 pages)
- "Here's What I Read" List (3 pages)
- Book At-A-Glance (1 page)
- Character decisions analysis worksheet (1 page)
- "Every Picture Tells A Story" (1 page)
- "She Really Said That?!" Quotations tracker (1 page)
- Alpha Acrostic (2 page)
- Book Review (1 page)
- Haiku Poetry (2 page)
If your students are on Google Classroom, simply use the included link to "make a copy" for your Google Drive.
Before sending the copy out to students, check to make sure you want all the pages included (the first 2 pages are directions for teachers, so you'll want to remove those from student copies).
I regularly add new products for school librarians and English teachers, particularly for middle school, to my store. All my new products are half-off for the first 48 hours.
Take advantage of the "First 48 Half-Off" by clicking here to follow my store. Following my store will give you notifications of when new products are posted. I also post all my new products to my MrsReaderPants FaceBook page and on my MrsReaderPants blog email list.