- The products in these bundles are designed to supplement and excite your already existing summer reading initiative at your school. Please read through the individual descriptions of each product listed above and download the previews to see the full scope of this product!You might also be interest$4.50$6.00Save $1.50
The summer slide is a real problem, and one that middle and high school English departments have been trying to help prevent for years. This product includes motivational posters, a hashtag campaign, and a fun BINGO game to help motivate students to complete their summer literacy expectations so that they prevent the dreaded summer slide.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THIS PRODUCT?
- Three #StopSummerSlide posters with watercolor images
- Three #StopSummerSlide posters with motivational statistics about prevention
- Three BINGO games with matching thematic watercolor summer prints with exciting literacy challenges for students to complete over the summer
- Three BLANK, EDITABLE BINGO game cards
WHY YOU NEED THIS PRODUCT:
These posters and BINGO game are a way to reset the energy surrounding summer reading at your school: instead of summer reading being a chore, it's a fight to save education. It's a challenge. This product acknowledges authentic literacy in the BINGO game and celebrates a wide-variety of literacy type activities that can be easily added to your already scheduled summer reading book assignments. In the BINGO game, students are challenged to:
- Take a #shelfie and post it to social media
- Travel to a city they've never been before
- Write a letter to a long lost friend
- Download a news app, read, and share articles
- Learn how to cook or bake something new
- ...and more!
Used as a supplement to your already scheduled summer reading initiative, this product will add a splash of color, a unifying and motivational hashtag, and bring to light the real reason why we ask kids to keep working over the summer. This is a chance to be transparent with your students and also have a little bit of fun!
You might also be interested in these other resources for your classroom:
- Choose Your Own Adventure - Narrative Writing
- Love Poem for a Character
- An Introduction to Dystopia
- All About Me Student Survey
- Virtual Field Trip to London - PreReading for Shakespeare
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases, so let me know how everything is working out!
© Mud and Ink Teaching Please note - this resource is for use by one teacher only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. If you are interested in purchasing several licenses, please let me know. Good luck on your adventurous teaching journey!
Let's Stay Connected!