I created this summer resource pack specifically for my struggling Kindergarten students in an effort to prevent the “summer slide”. It is my hope that my students (and yours!) will use the games, journal, and activities in this kit to practice their reading/writing skills all summer.
I believe in empowering parents to help their children learn and grow. Most parents truly want to help their children, but without resources, many parents do not know where to begin. I hope that this kit offers simple, fun ideas for keeping students’ reading and writing skills strong… all summer long!
All of the resources in this pack are printables... but none are worksheets. The entire kit requires interaction between parent & child. The pack would also be a great resource for summer tutoring.
- Information letter for parents
- Return slip to verify that parents received the kit
- Summer Journal cover & writing paper
- Kindergarten mini word wall
- Alphabet chart with pictures
- Sight word assessment
- Sight word activity list
- Sight word flashcards
- Game pieces for sight word activities: "Buzz" cards, "Find the Bug" cards, Alphabet flashcards
- Picture cards for letter match game
- Phonemic awareness calendar - includes practice games & ideas for rhyming, identifying first sounds in words, blending & segmenting, and nursery rhymes.
- Nursery rhyme book that includes 8 nursery rhymes (to use with the phonemic awareness calendar)
Thanks so much for looking into my product! Have a wonderful summer. :) - Heather