Products in this Bundle (5)
Also included in
- Super-charge your STEM class with 52 high-engagement, critical thinking, problem-solving, NGSS-aligned challenges to take you through the entire year! Modifications are included to make these activities engaging and challenging for students in grades 2 - 8. (Two of the 52 challenges are included in$102.98$204.77Save $101.79
These summer STEM challenges are the perfect end of the year activities to keep your students engaged through the very last day of school!
The basic premise:
Students work in partners or groups against criteria & constraints lists to design and build summer-themed objects. Modification suggestions are included to make these challenges engaging and productive for students in grades 2 - 8.
Note: This is the printable version. If you are in a 1:1 / paperless classroom, you will want to check out the digital option for use with GOOGLE SLIDES instead.
If you have questions about which version is right for you, please feel free to leave me a question using the product Q&A below.
Materials you’ll need to do the activity are easily modified. Materials lists can be found in the product descriptions for each individual challenge linked above.
• Overall Tips
- Suggestions on timing and whether or not to treat these challenges as competitions
- What to say (and what not to say) during the build
- 5-event Data Tracker handout
Plus, each challenge comes with:
• NGSS aligned standards, Grades 2 – 8
• Teacher Tips
- Links to How-to Videos
- Links to individual challenge walk-throughs
- Materials and timing
- Criteria & Constraints (including modifications to increase difficulty for older students)
- Measuring results
- Post-design extension activities list
• Student Handouts
- Criteria and Constraints list (color and B&W; editable)
- Results and Design Analysis (color and B&W)
- Discussion Questions (color and B&W)
• Extension templates
- Process Flow Map
- Math Extension
- Plus, other design-specific handouts (see each individual resource description page for more details)
The preview shows an overview of what is included in each resource. You can find more details by clicking on the individual resources listed at the top of this page. Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions!
What are teachers saying about this bundle?
“So excited to try - there was much more here than I initially realized so a great value!”
“We didn't get to all the challenges but my students were highly engaged and really enjoyed them!”
“My students loved these. We used them the last 2 weeks of school. It was a great and fun way to incorporate learning while having fun.”
“What a great unit. I am using this with my summer school group and they are excited about each day. It makes being in school over the summer a little easier for both them and me.”
“Love the options for the different grade levels.”
“Used these all summer. Kept my class interested and engaged in science all summer.”
“I can't wait for summer school! Thank you”
“This was a great purchase! My students loved these activities. I used them in my summer program and I really think it helped them with their math skills. Thank you”
"Wow! What a resource. You made it so easy to differentiate and my kiddos at all levels enjoyed the activities. Thank you for all of your hard work and attention to detail."