Also included in
- STEM / STEAM All Year Long Curriculum Bundle! A total of 28 Challenges! Each STEM Challenge has detailed directions, photo examples, a list of materials needed, prediction section, brainstorming section, trials 1, 2, & 3, final results section with drawings, and a reflection section. This bundle$34.99$43.22Save $8.23
- STEM / STEAM (85+ Challenges) Growing Bundle - All the StudentSavvy STEM Resources! Currently Contains Over 85 STEM Challenges! Every STEM Challenge has detailed directions, photo examples, a list of materials needed, a prediction section, a brainstorming section, trials 1, 2, & 3, a final resul$110.00$161.21Save $51.21
This resource has science, technology, engineering, and measurement activities to do with your upper elementary kids that will really get their brains going during the summer time!
This resource is part of the STEM / STEAM All Year Long Curriculum Bundle – 28 Challenges!
There are 3 Summer STEM Challenges in this pack. Each STEM Challenge has photo examples, a list of materials needed, prediction section, brainstorming section, trials 1, 2, & 3, final results section with drawings, and a reflection section.
The STEM Challenges include:
1. Floating Noodle Castle Challenge! Using a list of supplies, students must design a floating castle with noodles and toothpicks. Four to five students are assigned per group. Each group is given noodle rings that are cut ½ inch wide. Students should be easily able to cut the rings into smaller pieces if needed.The castle must stay connected at all times in the water. Students have one hour to complete this challenge.
***Creativity points are awarded in this challenge. ***More challenge directions are found in the resource
2. Water Balloon Catapult Challenge! Students must design a catapult or slingshot that propels a water balloon into the air. The group that can propel the water balloon the farthest wins the challenge. Students have three attempts to create their best catapult. ***More challenge directions are found in the resource
3. Slip-n-Slide Challenge Students must construct a Slip-n-Slide that effectively accelerates an object through its course. The Slip-n-Slide can have turns, hills, and decorative features in its design. The object must be going fast enough to complete the slide but not too fast where it could cause injury to the rider. Three different objects must be tested – students can decide which objects they think will accelerate at the right speed. ***More challenge directions are found in the resource
You may be interested in the following STEM Resources:
STEM All Year Long / Curriculum Bundle Resource
Gamers STEM Resource
October / Halloween STEM Resource
November / Thanksgiving STEM Resource
Winter / Christmas/ Holiday STEM Resource
February STEM Resource
Chinese New Year STEM Resource (Updated Every Year!)
March / St. Patrick's Day STEM Resource
End of the Year STEM Resource
Summer STEM Resource
Classroom STEM Décor
Tips for Savvy TpT Shoppers:
How to receive credit on TpT to use for future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page. Under each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, FREEBIES, and products:
• Look for a green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will now be able to see FREEBIES and customized emails from my store!
All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. (unless you purchase the multiple license)