This is a scrapbook for primary students to complete over the summer. It keeps kids learning and writing all summer long...while having fun!
Opportunities for opinion, informational, and narrative writing are included. Students are encouraged to add photographs, drawings, and mementos from their summer. A color and black and white cover are included.
1. My First Day of Summer Vacation: Draw a picture and write about your first day of summer vacation.
2. Memorial Day: Draw a picture and write a story about what you did on Memorial Day.
3. Happy Father's Day: Complete a page about your dad. Include a drawing or photograph in the blank space
.4. A Day at the Beach: Draw a picture and write a story (real or make believe) about a day at the beach.
5. The Best Part of Summer: Draw a picture and write about your favorite part of summer.
6. Summer Book Report: Complete a report about a book you read this summer.
7. My Camping Trip: Draw a picture and write a story (real or make believe) about a camping trip.
8. Fourth of July: Draw a picture and write a story about what you did on The Fourth of July.
9. Sunshine and Friendship: Complete a page about a friend you spent time with this summer. Include a drawing or photograph in the blank space.
10. Life is Better at the Lake: Draw a picture and write a story (real or make believe) about a day at the lake.
11. Summer Blockbuster: Complete the page about a movie you see this summer. Glue your ticket in the blank space.
12. My Vacation: Draw a picture and write a story about a vacation you took this summer.
13. Summer By the Numbers: Complete the page about your summer stats.
14. Play Ball: Watch a baseball game (live or on TV) and complete the report. Include a drawing or photograph of your pick for MVP.
15. Summer Poem: Use the letters from the word "Summer" to write a poem.
16. My Favorite Summer Recipe: Complete the page with directions for your favorite summer food. Include a photograph or drawing in the blank space.
17. How to Build a Sandcastle: Write directions for building a sandcastle. Include a picture for each step.
18. How to Make S'mores: Write directions for making s'mores. Include a picture for each step.
19. Song of the Summer: Write about a song you enjoy listening to this summer.
20. Summer Nights: Write an opinion piece about summertime bedtimes. Include reasons for your opinion.
21. Summer School: Write an opinion piece about whether or not you should go to school in the summer. Include reasons for your opinion.
22 - 25. Blank Pages: Use these pages to write about special days you have over your summer vacation
26. Blank Page (with picture): Use this page to write about a special day during your summer vacation . Include a drawing or photograph in the blank space. You may want to print more than one copy of this page.
27. Labor Day: Draw a picture and write a story about what you did on Labor Day.
28. I'm Ready to Go Back to School: Complete this page about the upcoming school year.
29. Top 10 Memories: Make a list of your ten favorite memories from this summer.
30. My Last Day of Summer Vacation: Draw a picture and write about your last day of summer vacation.
I hope you and your students enjoy this activity. Please message me if you have any questions. Happy Summer!
Follow me on facebook for exclusive sneak peaks and freebies!
Kendra's Kindergarten on Facebook
Check out my Blog for More Ideas and Activities: