Also included in
- This fun ocean animals summer speech and language bundle include a book companion for Smiley Shark and Diver, Diver, an ocean theme emergent reader focusing on who questions, inference, and vocabulary too.Perfect for your end-of-the-year sessions, this bundle will have you covered for nearly everyon$8.70$10.75Save $2.05
Guess the ocean animals in Diver, Diver Who Can It Be? Learn ocean theme vocabulary, who questions, inference, listening, following directions, practice reading and writing too. The simple repetitive text in this cut and paste reader assists young readers as they listen to the clues and guess which ocean animal is next.
Your students will love making their ocean animal mini-books! You'll love how easy it is to send them home for extra practice.
Planning is quick and easy when you use this resource over multiple sessions!
1. Read the full-page class book together or go paperless with the included digital shared reading PowerPoint story.
Your students will listen and guess which animal matches the clues. Talk about each animal while you target describing, wh questions, same /different, and articulation too.
2. Play a barrier game and practice following directions and positional words.
3. Have fun with the dough mat. Have your children create and describe their own sea creatures to put in the scene
4. Name and write (or trace) the names of each ocean animal.
5. Make the student cut & paste mini-books! Your students will cut out the sea animals, read or listen to the description on each page. then guess which animal matches the clues! Next, glue the correct animal on the page.
6. Send the mini-book for home practice with the included parent letter.
This activity is great for preschool, kindergarten students, and early readers who need wh questions with visuals. Work on listening comprehension as you read each page and have your students answer the Who? questions. Is it a shark? Jellyfish? Who's next?
Use this resource in literacy centers, speech therapy, Rti, or for whole-class practice.
NOTE! This product is also included in my Speech Therapy Oceans of Fun Bundle, If you've already purchased this money-saving bundle, you will not need to purchase this product. Click the green text to check out the Bundle.
➤CONTENTS: 34 useable pages:
- Full-page Classroom Copy of Diver, Diver, Who Can it Be? for whole-group practice.
- Cut and Paste BW half-page mini-book: students paste the animal in the square to answer the description. Great for home practice.
- Word Wall Cards for vocabulary and reading development
- Ocean Scene and manipulatives to create:
- Dough Mat
- Cookie Sheet Activity
- Barrier Game
- 2 BW Vocabulary Writing Practice Pages:
- Write the animal names in the blank using the word wall cards for spelling help OR
- Trace the animal names (For beginning writers)
- PowerPoint for Paperless Shared Reading
Color or BW? You choose! Ink-Saving, Copy-friendly, Black and White printing options are provided!
- Answering Who? Questions
- Reading practice
- Listening Comprehension
- Naming to a Description,
- Phonological Awareness
- Ocean Vocabulary
- Following Directions
- Position Concepts
For more ocean adventures, check out Smiley Shark Speech Therapy Book Companion or get both and save $ with my ocean bundle!
More summer speech therapy fun:
⭐⭐⭐ Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click Here to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Leave a Review button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺