A fun Common-Core Standards based unit for the last week of school! Keep students involved in curriculum even while they're thinking about nothing but summer break!
In this unit, students will use the internet to research possible vacation ideas and make specific plans, create a PowerPoint that gives an overview of the vacation plan, and give a persuasive presentation in which they try to convince the rest of the class to "purchase" their vacation plan.
My students have had a blast with this! It lets them fantasize about summer break (which is what they want to do anyway), but it also helps them achieve several important core standards for English Language Arts.
This FREE download includes the following:
* Introductory PowerPoint - a short, three-slide PowerPoint that introduces the assignment, the general requirements, and the project timeline
* Student Instructions - a one-page handout to give to all students that explains the requirements of the assignment and gives students a checklist of what they need to get done
* Unit Worksheets - a six-page set of worksheets that students will fill out as they conduct their research
* Internet Links - a one-page handout with a list of helpful internet sites to guide students' research
* Presentation Grading Rubric - an MS Excel file where you can enter grades while students are presenting their final vacation plans. You can enter a score for five different assignment aspects and it will give you a final percentage score.
* Money Tickets - a PDF file of $5,000 coupons that the students can use to buy one anothe's vacation plans
* EXAMPLE Vacation Plan and Presentation - a PowerPoint file that can be shown to the students as an example of what the students need to create and present.
* Teacher's Guide - complete with ties to standards and daily lesson plans
If you're looking for other summer-break related downloads, check this one out:
Summer Break Wordplay Gameshow
- A fun PowerPoint game show with eight different word games all based on vacation-themed words!
If you enjoy this product, please write a review, feel free to pin it on Pinterest, check out the other products in my store
, and click on the link to follow me
for updates on new products!
Created by Arik Durfee