Summer Writing: 40 Printable Prompts (Grades 3-7)
Summer fun starts with popsicles, road trips, and now writing prompts! Keep young minds sharp during the family road trip, as you ask for directions to Discount Lion Safari.
Whether initial instruction or review, these assignments reinforce key concepts on the way to becoming better writers.
• 40 Prompts on 10 Worksheets.
With adult guidance, these writing prompts complement 78%
of Common Core Writing Standards for grades 3-7.
Preview same as Download
• Carving another Mt. Rushmore president.
• Choose a topic sentence.
• Assemble a paragraph.
• Showing George Washington the sights.
• Theodore Roosevelt's personal secretary.
• The Olympic ceremony is about to start.
• Volleyball last point.
• The hurdle race starts.
• Barbequing for 12 neighbors.
• Making frozen treats.
• Lemonade stand competition.
• Engineering the world's largest pizza.
• Starting your next world record.
• Kittles the swimming cat.
• Frying food on the sidewalk.
• Dad goes camping.
• Lulu earns a break.
• Cruise ship karaoke night.
• Cruise ship sing-along.
• Urban boating.
• Urban boating the right direction.
• Brown bear in my pool.
• Brown bear staying in the pool.
• Limbo with the Morris triplets.
• Kurt's first swimming lesson.
• Cousin Barry's personal pool.
• No parking at the public pool.
• Another slow day at the Woodlawn Community Pool.
• Meyers family lake toys.
• Jumping contest at Swanson Lake.
• Describe where the Navajo live.
• Monument Valley, AZ.
• Living in a hogan.
• Navajo code talkers.
• Jake & Lynn drive across America.
• Hot dog eating contest.
• Describing fireworks.
• Assemble a story.
• News reporter practice.
• Declaration of Independence
Sandcastles & conjunctions!
• Art Tinting: "Poolside"
• Autumn Writing
• Spelling Lists
Return to The Harstad Collection
or view more listings on Amazon
Do you know about TpT credits?
TpT credits are points which can be applied to future purchases to save you money.
To earn credits
: After you make a purchase, rate and comment fairly on the product page of your purchased item. You need to do both to earn your credits. But you don't have to rate and comment right away. You can do so after you've had a chance to use the product. Just return to the product page when you're logged in to TpT.
For every dollar you spend on TpT, you'll earn 1 credit—and they'll round up for you, too! If you provide fair feedback on a $4.75 item, you will earn 5 credits. Every 20 credits you earn equals $1 to apply toward future TpT purchases.
To redeem credits
: Once you've earned at least 20 credits, you'll see the option to apply credits at checkout.