Improve your kids' writing this summer! In this writing activity, they use eight simple strategies to improve a narrative text, “The Water Balloon Fight.” Themed cards explain specific steps to success: varying sentence beginnings, varying sentence types, varying sentence lengths, choosing words for effect, using figurative language, using active verbs, adding details, and using transition words.
Created by master teacher Brenda Kovich
, this activity is classroom tested and kid approved.
• Directions for the teacher/parent
• Narrative text (two versions)
• Eight cards with steps to improve writing
• Themed stationery for writing final paragraph
• Self-check sheet for the student
• Rubric for the teacher/parent
You will receive two files, color and grayscale.
The writing improvement cards may be used in school, during summer school, or at home. Each card can stand alone to drive a lesson - or you can set up stations to get kids up and moving.
Would you like to know when I post more resources? Simply follow me on TpT
Water Fun Clip Art
was created by Educlips