Do you want to avoid the summer slide? This product is for you! Reading and writing skills should develop hand in hand, and yet writing is often ignored in favor of reading stamina and support. This Summer Writing Challenge consists of 31 thought-provoking and creative writing prompts, as well as pages for free writing and story starter photographs. There are color or black and white options included.
Students set a weekly writing goal (in minutes). They use the journal to complete the challenge. Post cards for teacher encouragement, a writing graph log and parent letter is also included. Post cards and parent letter are editable. This is so easy...just print, bind, and your kids are ready for summer.
What exactly do you get when you buy this product from Wild Child Designs? Here are the specifics:
1. One page of Teacher Talk tips and directions (color).
2. One page, editable parent letter (B&W).
3. One page of post cards, front side (color).
4. One page of post card backs (B&W).
5. One page of post card backs, editable (B&W).
6. Student writing journal cover (color & B&W).
7. Goal setting page (minimal color).
8. 31 Journal prompt pages (color & B&W).
9. 31 Journal stationary pages to go with prompts (color & B&W).
10. 7 Free-writing stationary pages (color & B&W).
11. Writing stamina graphing log (color & B&W).
12. Twelve color photos for free writing story starters.
If you like this, be sure to check out Wild Child Designs' Summer Reading Marathon Challenge, too!