This end of the school year Storybook Writing lesson with printables pack is ideal for teaching kindergarten to second grade students how writing is useful by making lists preparing for summer fun.
This pack contains
✔a ten-page color story book showing (and encouraging) a classroom discussion of summer plans, and modeling ways to communicate in print using the printables included (drawing, writing)
✔choose to print the male or female teacher for page 10 of the storybook
✔6 mini-posters of summer-themed vocabulary (or 24 word cards if cut separately) in color for students to reference while writing
✔lined and unlined list templates for ten different summer-themed lists, including what was most liked about the school year, lists related to hosting a BBQ or get-together with friends (contact lists, guest lists, food lists, drink order pad pages), packing lists applicable to cottaging, camping or aquatics, reading lists, and more!
To read the post about this lesson, please visit my blog here: End of year writing lesson: Writing for a purpose - Fun Summer Lists!
Thank you in advance, to those of you who purchase this item and take the time to leave feedback. Did you know that you earn TpT credits when you leave a fair rating on the products you purchase? If there is something you would like to see changed, please email me at ThatFunReadingTeacher@gmail.com or use the Q and A section here in my store.
More summer resources:
- Summer! Differentiated, fun early literacy skill printables!
- Thank you for being my Reading Buddy! Differentiated Card for Little Buddies
- Summer Things and School Things - Sight Word Stages Level aa/ A PreEmergent / Emergent Reader Set 2pk!
Looking ahead: Back to School:
- Free Back to School sampler!
- Visual Schedule, centers cards and more!
- What Kind Classmates Do - picture book / posters promoting following the golden rule and basic school routines
- 5 Pack School Themed Sight Word Readers Bundle
- This is Super, Special Me! Fun All About Me no-prep printables for K-2!
- Flexible and Fun Reading Log
- Free Sample: Flexible and Fun Reading Log - Rejigged!
- Fun K-3 Literacy Skills Bundle for the whole year! Read and Write and More!
- Write for Real Purposes: Hospital Dramatic Play Center with Printables!
- Level A / B Dad reads with... and I can read to Mom Guided Readers and Activity Set
- 10 page Back to School FREE literacy sampler!
- Free Sample: Flexible and Fun Reading Log
- Community Helpers - A FREE Sight Word Stages Lv B Reader
- Free Sight Word Game Sample (Smart phone box)
- Dealing With Feelings: FREE SAMPLE Line Art Storybook lesson
- Dealing With Feelings Story Collection included in New, up and coming best seller: The #DWF EVERYTHING Bundle! (Best deal - all future #DWF TpT products will be added here!)
- Reading Buddy Activities for the whole year! (formerly The Reading Buddy Starter Pack!)
- The Complete Personal Printable Alphabet Book Kit with over 200 Line Art Images!
- K-1 Classroom Literacy Favorites!
Thank you for visiting my store! Please direct any questions you may have on the Q and A page of my store (by clicking my name at the top right), or email me at ThatFunReadingTeacher@gmail.com.
Pop by for a visit on:
my blog - That Fun Reading Teacher.com
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Log in and go to your My Purchases page. Click the Provide Feedback button, where you will be linked to the page to leave a rating and short comment for the product.
Be the first to know about my new products, discounts and freebies:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive email updates about ThatFunReadingTeacher on TpT!
Summer language activities | Summer writing | Summer printables | Writing for real purposes | Fun Summer lists | Summer activities | Primary writing lesson | Summer review | End of the year activities | Distance Learning