Let’s beat the summer slide! It is so important that students keep reading & writing during the summer break and this pack is designed to keep students writing...all summer long!
This packet contains 20 writing prompts
that form a Summer Writing Journal
for students. The prompts cover descriptive, expository, letter, narrative & opinion writing and include tips to help students write independently.
**Some of the writing prompts included:
- Using the five senses, describe a day at the beach.
- Imagine your perfect summer day...Describe the day from morning until night.
- Using the five senses, describe summer.
- What is your favorite memory from the previous school year?
- What is your favorite summertime memory?
- You are on a boat that becomes stranded on a desert island. What happens next?
- What is your earliest summertime memory?
- Write the steps for how-to build a sandcastle.
- Write the steps for how-to make lemonade.
- What is the best sea creature and why?
- Would you rather spend the day at an amusement park or at the beach?
- Write a letter to your teacher from the previous school year.
Each page in this packet contains two writing prompts that, when photocopied front-to-back & stapled, can be folded to create a simple writing journal. Use all the prompts or only a few to differentiate for your students’ needs.
Send this home before summer break to keep your students’ writing skills sharp!
**For Daily Language Summer Take-Home Booklets, please click HERE
**For Daily Math Summer Take-Home Booklets, please click HERE
Thank you for looking!
- Love to Learn, 2016