Also included in
- These Daily Summer Writing Prompts Journal Prompts now include a digital distance learning option in Google Slides.This Summer Writing Challenge BUNDLE contains 2 products designed to keep students interested in writing during the summer months. These two products are included in this summer writin$16.00$20.00Save $4.00
This summer writing journal now includes a digital distance learning option in Google Slides!
This 30-Day Summer Writing Challenge for 3rd and 4th graders contains a variety of engaging writing material for your students. There are 30 different writing activities (2 sheets per activity, created to be copied back-to-back and bound into a writing journal, if you choose). For a total of 60 writing pages, you will see the following activities:
- 2 opinion essays
- 2 persuasive essays
- 2 descriptive writing activities
- 2 narrative writing activities
- 1 "how-to" essay
- 5 journal prompts
- 5 story starters
- 2 recipes activities
- 3 newspaper articles
- 1 packing list activity
- 2 book reports
- 1 biography
- 1 restaurant review
- 1 autobiography
These writing activities are purposeful, but fun. Students will find that completing all of them is challenging, but rewarding. Some teachers choose to stretch the challenge to 60 days so that students have 2 days to complete each activity. I also reward my students with a pizza lunch party if they complete the writing challenge (for the summer challenge, I plan the pizza party during the first or second week back to school).
NOTE: THIS FILE NOW INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
As of 5/11/20, this product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive--no outside links to worry about!
These file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides.
Are you a 1st or 2nd grade teacher? Please click below to find the summer writing challenge for your students. The format, content, and prompts will be more appropriate for your students:
You may also be interested in these products for your students:
Sign up for access to my EXCLUSIVE FREE RESOURCE LIBRARY AND NEWSLETTER.
For updates on new products and product specials, follow me:
Kirsten Tulsian has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.